Thursday, July 12, 2012

FIRST Televised Peformance from Frank Ocean

Singer/songwriter Frank Ocean sent social media waves galore with the news of his "coming out" of the metaphorical closet. After learning of this latest revelation from the usually reclusive and young artist many fans either voiced their disapproval or support towards the popular singer. I myself have to admit that I was also taken aback from the rumors and eventually the announcement via twitter from Mr. Ocean himself. Not surprising was the opinions of my heterosexual male friends who shared my sentiments. After all, how could we listen to a male rnb singer who clearly is not singing love songs to women, (pun intended lol), but actually to men like us. I myself even went as far as to say that I probably wouldn't be able to listen to his music the same, including "Nostalgia, Ultra" or future records.

However, after watching this first and latest televised performance by Frank Ocean on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon", with band accompaniment from "The Roots, it's safe to say that I'm having a change of heart. Check the vid and speak your mind.

Holla back.

-Achmone

No comments:

Post a Comment