Friday, December 24, 2010

Awwwwww Shit!




Hey man I just found out that the homie Terrelle Pryor as well as five other players just got suspended for the start of the 1st five games in the 2011 season. I got one thing to say. THAT'S SOME BULLSHIT! Awwwwww Nawwww dog! Now I was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio so I may be a little biased, but c'mon man.

These players got suspended for all these games in their senior year because they sold a few items that they received. A few of the mentioned items were a bowl ring and some athletic awards. Now maybe it was unethical for these gentlemen to sell these items, but it was their stuff. These players are not rich and they don't have million dollar contracts so I don't see anything wrong with them trying to make some money.
Furthermore, it was reported by Pryor's high school coach that these were transactions done in amounts up to $2,500 and that he did it to help his mom. Now maybe me being a black man helps me understand Pryor's actions, but I don't find any of his actions to be severe at all. Continued scenarios like this one involving players and small amounts of money are always blown out of proportion. The now heisman trophy winner Cameron Newton, as well as the previous heisman winner Reggie Bush also went through similar incidents. Maurice Clarett was almost exiled from the game after accepting gifts.
When it all comes down to it I feel like these players should receive some type of compensation on top of the scholarship they receive. That would dramatically decrease the apparent scandals and allegations that ultimately hurt the game. Now I'm not talking about any grand amounts, but ten thousand wouldn't hurt. Bottom line most of the great athletes who play in NCAA football come from less than prosperous roots, so when you entice them with the idea of more money than they've ever seen of course there's a great chance they may get "caught up".
These top schools are generating millions of dollars every year from their student athletes. I may go against the tradition of how the college game is operated but fuck it. No, I don't think it's right to make millions of dollars off of a certain players jersey and not compensate that individual or individual's family at all.

Stay up TP. Go Bucks! (But that is some bullshit. If this holds up our season is over lol).

Achmone

No comments:

Post a Comment